Your Thoughts Are Constant!!!
The reason why your mind is in overdrive is because you have more than 70,000 thoughts a day!!! SEVENTY THOUSAND?!?! That’s wild, right? When you think about it, are the majority of your thoughts positive or negative?
Do you consider yourself a glass half full or half empty kind of person? (There is no right answer here, however the way you see it does shape how you see and approach life.)
Self-defeating, negative thoughts happen and they can certainly drag you down if you allow them to permeate and if you choose to believe them. That’s the cool thing about the thoughts you think, you don’t have to believe them.
On the flip side, you can choose to believe the positive thoughts. Positive thinking boosts your mood and actually generates more positivity and happiness in your life.
Negativity can seep into your life, thereby sucking the life out of you (and those around you) and spirals you on a downward path leading to self-destruction. You don’t have to accept this internal chatter that brings you down.
A few things to let go of:
- Negative self-talk (ask yourself, “Would I talk this way to someone else?”)
- Limiting Beliefs (talk yourself up, not down)
- Comparison (stop comparing yourself to others — remember, it’s a perception, not necessarily truth.)
- Perfection (stop setting yourself up for unrealistic expectations)
Open yourself up to more positivity and practice always looking on the bright side. The silver lining is there. Perhaps you can’t recognize it in the moment you are in it, but if you remain open and are willing to see things from another perspective, the silver lining will appear.
Here are few tips to make room for a more positive mindset:
- Smile (so simple, I know. It will affect your mood. Seriously.)
- Community (surround yourself with like-minded, inspiring, and uplifting people.)
- Kindness (doing something nice for someone else elevates your soul too.)
- Gratitude (focus on what you DO have and how thankful you are for it.)
The way you are (how you vibe) either attracts or deflects. A positive mindset will attract not only others to vibe on the same frequency as you, but also will elevate your mood and your life. An elevated life sounds worth it to me to think positively. Would you agree?
Now tell me, what positive thoughts are you choosing today? I’ll go first…It’s going to be a GREAT day!!
*Positive Mental Attitude
P.S. My 1:1 Health Coaching is now open for enrollment! If this is something you are considering, then sign-up for a discovery call here to see if we are a good fit!